Bofors Tower is the restoration and conversion into a house of a Grade II listed redundant anti-aircraft gun emplacement. It was built in 1940 to defend a radar station at Dunkirk in Kent.
The conversion retains the majority of the existing fabric. The new components consist of glazed curtain walls and zinc or render-faced external walls set back from the outside faces of the existing frame, and a flat roof which oversails the building on all sides. This is extended to provide protection to the south stair. Large sliding doors connect each of the principal rooms to the deck and roof terrace.
Price and Myers
Boyden & Co