New Court Rothschild Headquarters
City of London
Designed by OMA following an international competition, New Court is the rebuilding of Rothschild Bank’s London headquarters on the dense city site it has occupied since 1809. As executive architects we have worked closely with the OMA team, co-located within our London studio, to deliver both the base-build and the bespoke fit-out for the Bank.
Raised above the ground to create a new public realm and to reinstate a visual connection with the adjacent Wren church of St Stephen Walbrook, the new building comprises a central cube of ten flexible open-plan office floors linked to three adjoining annexes which contain the Bank’s archive, cores and ancillary accommodation.
The central cube has a distinctive repeated pattern of structural steel columns embedded in the dark glazed façade and, rising above its rooftop garden, a small tower or Sky Pavilion includes two double-height floors with panoramic views across the City.
Hufton + Crow
Shortlisted for the
RIBA Stirling Prize
Building of the Year
Civic Trust Award